aka Jack's Rotisserie, 615 Sacramento Street between Kearny and Montgomery.
Among its claims to fame: The Mimosa (champagne and orange juice) was invented
at Jack's, and Robert Kennedy had one of his last meals here. Established
in 1864, this was the place where the most powerful men in San Francisco
rubbed elbows and secretaries for many decades. Notice the hooks inside
they're for hats - all along the inside wall. Private
rooms were upstairs. It's menu decidedly French, Jack's served its last
order of creamed spinach in December, 2000.
See Jack's identity disappear
from 615 Sacramento in February, 2002: