Restaurant, aka Jack's Rotisserie, 615 Sacramento Street between Kearny
and Montgomery. Among its claims to fame: The Mimosa (champagne and orange
juice) was invented at Jack's, and Robert Kennedy had one of his last meals
here. Established in 1864, this was the place where the most powerful men
in San Francisco rubbed elbows and secretaries for many decades. Notice
the hooks inside -
hats - all along the inside wall. Private rooms were upstairs.
It's menu decidedly French, Jack's served its last order of creamed spinach
in December, 2000.
See Jack's identity disappear
from 615 Sacramento in February, 2002: